Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kylie's surgery

Well as most of you know Kylie is going in on Monday the 15th for surgery. She is going to have tubes put in her ears and have her tonsils and adenoids taken out. The poor little thing has had multiple ear infections and may episodes of tonsillitis. So we decided it was time to do something about it. Anyway today I went in for her pre-op appointment. They gave me all the information about the surgeries and I was doing fine until the doctor said they would put her to sleep and then put a breathing tube in her. At that point I became very teary and very nervous. I know she is going to be just fine but even though it is a simple 45minute operation it is very hard to know they are going to put her completely under general anesthetic. I recovered well from that little breakdown but I am very nervous for when they take her out of my arms the day of the surgery. I know she will be scared and want me and I will be scared also but I will have to be strong for her! I know I can do it! (I'll wait to breakdown until she is out of sight and hearing range.) It seems so weird to think about when people have said their child has had this done. Because I can remember thinking that it is so simple and no big deal. Man what a new perspective I have now when it is my own child. When it is your own child no matter how simple and easy things might seem it is always very scary. Now I know how they must have felt. So if you could think of Kylie in your prayers over the next little while that would be great!

No comments: