Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kylie's surgery part 2




Well as most everyone knows Kylie's surgery went really well. The Dr said her tonsils and adenoids were very enlarged so it was good that we got them out. She was a trooper the whole time and didn't even cry when I had to leave her. But I did it was so hard to see them take her away. The Dr said she cried when they tries to put the mask on her but was soon asleep. Coming out of surgery was not very easy for her. She was thrashing around and crying and moaning. It was very difficult to see her that way. They actually had to sedate her again and then when she woke up the second time she did better. It was a very rough first week after surgery. She was in a lot of pain and wouldn't eat or drink. I was having to use a syringe and syringe water into her mouth because she was getting so dehydrated. After the first week she got better with drinking but still really wouldn't eat anything. Maybe a bit or two a day. At the end of the second week I took her to the Dr because I thought she had thrush but she didn't. But while we were there I asked when she could start eating hard foods again and he said every thing looked good so she could start at anytime. All of a sudden after he said that Kylie was hungry and wanted to eat anything and every thing. If I would have know all it took was for her Dr to tell her to eat I would have taken her in a long time before that! But all is well know. She is back to being her self which is great. Here are a couple of pics from the morning before she went into surgery.

No comments: